How to Apply
You do not need a nomination to apply for the Westly Prize. You can apply by completing the eligibility quiz and submitting the on-line application following the link below. We’d also like you to submit a YouTube video of no more than 2 minutes in length demonstrating your innovation. We’re not looking for professional grade video (video from your mobile phone is fine). We just want to see something simple and authentic that tells us more about you and your idea in your own voice. Please include the video URL link on your application form. We’ve included the steps for submitting a YouTube video below. Applications are due November 1, 2013.
What happens next?
After the application deadline, the Selection Committee will review the applications and conduct interviews as needed. The Selection Committee is comprised of Westly Foundation officials and experts from applicable fields. The Selection Committee will identify a set of finalists in November. After further review and interviews of the finalists, our Selection Committee will select the 2013 Westly Prize winners on December 6, 2013.
How to Submit a YouTube Video
• Make a video of no more than 2 minutes and save the file to your computer
• Go to YouTube.com
• Log in to your YouTube account (if you don’t have a YouTube account, you can set one up for free by visiting YouTube.com, selecting “Create Account” and following instructions)
• Select the upload button near the search box
• Click “Upload Video”
• Select your video (from your saved file) and click “choose”
• Be sure to paste your video URL into the Westly Prize application form
• When finished with your application, click “Done” to ensure that your information was submitted